Assistant Facilities Manager
Corporate Solutions (Integrated Facilities Management) – Region/Country
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Assistant Facilities Manager will assist the Facilities Manager in (leading a team or) vendor group to manage the tactical delivery for the assigned property/facility, and be the on-site key point of contact for the key stakeholders &/or client in the absence of the Facilities Manager. The responsibilities will include site budgets, accounting and finance, maintenance and operations, contract services, purchasing of material, equipment & supplies, occupancy services and helpdesk.
§ People Management (where applicable)
– Manage and coach team
– Develop and sustain a high-quality well motivated team
– Ensure high staff morale, trust and work ethics
– Actively support an environment that supports teamwork, co-operation and performance excellence within team
– Assist in mentoring and enabling Training & Development of team members
§ Client/Stakeholder Management
– Deliver excellent customer service to meet on-site client’s expectations
– Build and develop effective relationships with key stakeholders &/or client and be comfortable working across all levels
– Monitor procedures to ensure client’s expectations are conveyed and worked upon
§ Mailroom management
– Manage the vendor that is operating the mailroom of the client.
– Assess the performance of the vendor.
§ Document Management
– Manage the vendor handling the documents storage and destruction.
– Ensure that the process on the retrieval/ delivery and destruction of the document cartons is in line with the client’s processes and policies.
– Point of contact for any concerns on the document management process and procedures from the stake holders.
§ Procurement & Vendor Management
– Manage multiple vendors including hard and soft skills to deliver services on time and within budget
– Manage vendor procurement processes in accordance with agreed client procurement guidelines as well as Jones Lang LaSalle procurement best practices
– Ensure that all vendor scorecards are updated by the team. Single point of contact for the vendor KPI.
§ Contracts Management
– Ensure that all contracts are professionally delivered at the right cost and in line with the Jones Lang LaSalle Code of Ethics
– Monitor expiry of contracts and initiate re-procurement if needed
– Continually assess contracts to ensure best value delivered to the client
§ Finance Management
– Ensure that the site’s financial operations are meeting targets and control requirements
– Assist and monitor financial processes to ensure account payable procedures are followed at all times
– Forecasting and Variance Reporting
– Continuous Asset Improvement (CAI) Project financial monitoring
– Savings Plan management and monitoring including validation.
§ Space Planning and Moves, Adds and Changes
– Assist on the space planning including floor plan updating and moves.
– Assist on the fit out and project implementation.
– Assist on the asset management for the account.
§ Site Operations Management
– Implement Industry Best Practice operations
– Assist and monitor to ensure all building procedures and performance measures are maintained at all times
– Ensure all Critical Environment (CEM) requirements are met
– Seek ways to reduce costs and improve operational standards
– 24/7 emergency call support and site attendance is required
– Attend to ad-hoc service request, concerns and user issues as needed/required.
§ Risk Management
– Assist in the implementation and management of a property risk management program
– Support the implementation and monitoring of disaster recovering and business continuity plans
– Follow established escalation procedures and incident reporting procedures
– Adhere to Jones Lang LaSalle’s business conduct by ensuring compliance with the firm’s guidelines, procedures and strategies
– Perform assurance test and prepare risk related reports for the client.
§ Achieve Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreement targets
CANDIDATE SPECIFICATION: KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
§ Min. 2 years of experience in facilities, property management, hospitality or related field
§ Experience of working in banking environment
§ Knowledge of local health and occupational safety requirements
§ Knowledge of critical facilities
§ Knowledge of vendor management for specialized services
§ An understanding of basic technical aspects of property (Computer Room Air-conditioning, Chiller system, Fire Protection system, Mechanical & Electrical system, BMS system)
§ Proven capacity to understand and interpret commercial contracts
§ Strong budget management and financial analysis skills
Critical Competencies for Success
§ Client Focus & Relationship Management
– Ease of interaction with a wide range and wide level of client staff
– Ability to manage conflict and balance between client and firm requirements
– Has a customer-oriented attitude
– Demonstrates proactive & professional approach to customer service
§ Project Management & Organizational Skills
– Excellent planning & organizational skills to prioritize work and meet tight deadlines
– Proven ability to manage multiple and complex operational matters on a daily basis
§ Problem Solving & Strategic Thinking
– Capacity to deal with ambiguity and solve complex problems effectively
– Analytical, proven ability to solve problems using a quantitative approach
– Proven ability to employ holistic approaches and looks at long term solutions
Other Personal Characteristics
§ Demonstrated superior people management skills – ability to lead team effectively, train them well, and promote open, constructive and collaborative relationships at all levels
§ Strong communicator – Good presentation skills and possesses strong verbal & written communication skills (English & local language); also an active listener
§ Passion for quality – has an eye for detail to make sure the best delivery of services
§ Self-motivated; confident & energetic
§ Ability to effectively deal with stressful situations
§ Flexible – able to adapt to rapidly changing situations
§ Strongly goal-oriented – able to focus on meeting all performance targets
§ Is a team player – able to cooperate and work well with others to meet targets
§ Proven ability to initiate and follow through with improvement initiatives
§ Exhibits honesty & trustworthiness
§ Open to new ideas & willing to challenge status quo
Specialized vendor staff